Public Relations is an essential activity in the City of London and the UK is a world leader in this profession. The City of London Guild of Public Relations Practitioners was formed in June 2000, with the aims: to promote and maintain excellence in the practice of our profession; to support education and training of practitioners; and to build charitable funds through which the public relations profession can give back to the communities it serves.
PRCA & Company of PR
Practitioners launch City & Financial PR Awards 2016
The PRCA and the Company of PR Practitioners (formerly the PR Guild) have jointly launched a new awards programme aimed specifically at the City and Financial PR industry.
The City and Financial PR Awards 2016 and the website can be viewed here: http://www.cityandfinancialprawards.com
The City and Financial PR Awards 2016 are aimed at recognising the talent and impact of individuals, teams and campaigns from the best of the City PR profession. Consultancies, in-house teams and individuals are all welcome to enter. The City and Financial PR Awards have 12 categories to choose from. The full list of categories can be viewed here.
The Awards will feature a prestigious black tie event which will take place on Thursday 25th February 2016 at the Merchant Taylors Hall in the City of London.
The City and Financial PR Awards 2016 will be judged by some of the biggest names from the worlds of City leadership, communications and journalism, meaning that winning one of these awards truly recognises leading-edge PR work. The judges include:
- Stephen Doherty, Global Head of Corporate Communications, Barclays
- Richard Fletcher, Business Editor, The Times
- Joel Hills, Business Editor, ITV News
- Kirsty Leighton MPRCA, Managing Director, Hudson Sandler
- Simon Lewis, Chief Executive, Association for Financial Marketing in Europe
- John McIvor, Head of Global Marketing and Corporate Affairs, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- John Waples MPRCA, EMEA Head of Strategic Communications, FTI Consulting
- Steffan Williams MPRCA, Porta Communications
- Donna Zurcher MPRCA, Managing Partner, Instinctif Partners
To view the full list of judges, click here. City and Financial PR Awards 2016 timeline:
- Early Bird Deadline for entries: 18th December 2015
- Final Deadline for entries: 8th January 2016
- Shortlists announced: 25th January 2016
- Date of awards evening: 25th February 2016
Thursday 28 April 2016
For all enquiries about the
Guild of Public Relations Practitioners, contact the Clerk.